It covers how and why we collect some of your personal information. What we do with it and how we protect it. Plus what your rights are in relation to the data we hold about you.
From a GDPR perspective Event 2 Event is a data controller which means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes (in relation to our business).
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession.
The processing and protection of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection (GDPR).
Event 2 Event complies with its obligations under the GDPR by taking all reasonable measures to:
- keep personal data up to date
- store and destroy it securely
- avoid collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data
- protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure
- ensure that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We collect personal information from you when you register on our site, place an order, download our free resources, or sign up for our events or services.
The information we collect varies (depending on what you are doing), but includes things like:
- your name,
- e-mail address
- phone number
- postal address
- Comments you may leave on our blog posts
- IP address
- Credit Card information (via a third party)
- images (e.g. from photographs at an event)
You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Event 2 Event is a company that offers:
- Bespoke single events
- Bespoke corporate events
- Event 2 Event hosted events
We’re NOT in the business of selling your information.
Information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website – we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To validate you are a real person.
- To improve our customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process financial transactions.
- In the case of images, to promote our events
- To notify you of services / events you may be interested in.
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or our services to you. The email address you provide for order processing will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order and our services.
There are a variety of security measures in place to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- We make use of a secure and resilient hosting platform.
- All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 7 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Your information that we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us indefinitely until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information. At that point it will usually be deleted within 2 working days.
Under the GDPR, unless subject to an exemption, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of personal data which the we hold about you.
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, e.g. marketing, profiling etc.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
If you wish to discuss or exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) here who will be pleased to assist you.
Exceptions to this are when such information is necessary, for example, as part of a sales order transaction.
Last updated: 1 July, 2018